If you’re hungry to help brand and publicize content from a sophisticated, data-driven news organization in one of the most beautiful cities in the U.S., we have a job for you at inewsource.
inewsource is a nonprofit, nonpartisan news organization with one explicit goal: to provide readers with the most authoritative and in-depth stories possible on issues that affect the future of everyday San Diegans. Whether we’re writing about local government, transportation, education, health, taxes or the environment, our small but versatile team of reporters works together to deliver these stories with precision through web, radio and TV.
Our investigative work has earned more than 100 awards, both locally and nationally, including multiple I.R.E., Edward R. Murrow and Best in Show awards. We strive for impact and accountability with every project, and make use of our network of partner stations – including the local PBS, NPR and CBS affiliates – to deliver those projects to an audience of more than 1 million people.
We’re hiring a full-time position responsible for handling social media accounts and web production.
For SOCIAL MEDIA, the ideal candidate will have proficiency in:
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Reddit and LinkedIn. The candidate will also stay up to date on new and emerging platforms and recommend inewsource adopt them when necessary.
- Creating fundraising, branding and event campaigns across social media platforms.
- Reporting social media analytics to inewsource directors on a monthly basis.
For WEB PRODUCTION, the ideal candidate will have proficiency in:
- Writing short blurbs covering inewsource events, partnership updates and awards.
- Using WordPress, including uploading and captioning photos, videos, interactive graphics, as well as embedding newsletter signups.
- Coordinating and packaging story content for inewsource partners to run on their sites.
- Basic HTML and CSS skills (preferred but not required).
In addition to these responsibilities, the ideal candidate will be a creative self-starter who understands the value of investigative and data-driven reporting and is passionate about public engagement. This position requires precision and a strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Linkedin, Snapchat).
- History of running social media campaigns for major investigations, fundraising efforts or brand recognition.
- Familiarity or ability to learn Google Analytics and Google Adwords.
- Basic to moderate familiarity with WordPress.
- Expertise in Adobe Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, Premiere) a huge plus.
- Thinking critically and effectively in team environment.
- Clear and concise writing.
Pay commensurate based on experience. This position comes with full medical benefits, a 401k, two weeks paid vacation and sick leave. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to inewsource Assistant Director Brad Racino: email@example.com.
We'll let you know when big things happen.