Earlier this month, Facebook Inc. announced its News Feed algorithm is changing to prioritize posts from friends, family and groups.
The expected changes came after the social media platform was criticized for enabling foreign interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and contributing to the rise of false news stories.
Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook, addressed how the changes will affect local publishers. “We’re updating News Feed to also prioritize local news so that you can see topics that have a direct impact on you and your community and discover what’s happening in your local area,” Zuckerberg said in a post on Monday.
However, he noted this update may not capture all local publishers at first.
Facebook allows you to select a certain number of pages to see first in your News Feed. We hope you’ll include inewsource as one of your top picks.
Here’s how you can make sure you’ll keep seeing inewsource’s content on Facebook:
On a desktop computer
- Log into your Facebook account and go to inewsource’s Facebook page.
- Under ‘Following,’ click ‘See First.’
- Log into your Facebook account and click on the side menu (three horizontal lines in the bottom right corner of your screen).
- Scroll down and click on ‘Settings.’
- Click on ‘News Feed Preferences.’
- Click on ‘Prioritize who to see first.’ This shows you all the profiles and pages you like on Facebook.
- Scroll through the list and click on inewsource (a blue star will appear next to it).
- Click on ‘Done’ in the top right corner.
[box type=”white post-form”]
Oops! We could not locate your form.[/box]